Final Destination is a 2001 Canadian Horror film. about a group of teenagers who cheat death by avoiding a plane crash when one of them, Alex, has a premonition of their deaths. Soon after their escape, they begin dying one-by-one in mysterious freak accidents. The script was originally written by Jeffrey Reddick as a spec script for The X-Files. Director James Wong worked as a writer, producer and director on that series. The film is distributed by New Line Cinema. The DVD was released on September 15, 2000. The film was the first in the Final Destination series, which has since produced three sequels and a series of books.
Final Destination takes place on Long Island. Locations such as Jones Beach and John F. Kennedy International Airport are shown. Nassau County is mentioned. However, Vancouver International Airport stood in for JFK.
- Devon Sawa as Alex Browning
- Ali Larter as Clear Rivers
- Kerr Smith as Carter Horton
- Kristen Cloke as Ms. Valerie Lewton
- Daniel Roebuck as Agent Weine
- Roger Guenveur Smith as Agent Schreck
- Chad Donella as Tod Waggner
- Seann William Scott as Billy Hitchcock
- Tony Todd as William Bludworth
- Amanda Detmer as Terry Chaney